Attorney Sean Brown is a dedicated, skilled lawyer and partner of Berger & Brown. Prior to attending law school, Sean worked as an adjunct professor of philosophy and graduate research assistant at Indiana University. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Indiana University, graduating summa cum laude and finishing in the top 10 of his class. During his time in law school, Sean was an editor for the Indiana Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Order of the Barristers.
While in law school, Sean clerked for personal injury firm in Indianapolis, where he drafted a successful petition to the Indiana Supreme Court. This petition reversed a prohibition on recovering attorneys’ fees under certain provisions of Indiana’s wrongful death statutes. Sean also gained invaluable experience handling medical malpractice cases, composing submissions for medical review panels regarding appropriate standards of medical care and injury causation.
Sean also clerked with the appellate division of the Indiana Attorney General. Here, he drafted a successful petition and supporting brief regarding Indiana’s stalking laws. He composed more than a dozen briefs for submission to the Indiana Court of Appeals that resulted in twelve favorable decisions, and researched a wide variety of criminal law issues, including rules of evidence, sufficiency, double jeopardy, resisting law enforcement, and jury instructions. Because of this experience, Sean is an excellent legal writer and brings that skill as part of the team at Berger & Brown.
From 2012 to 2016, Sean worked as an associate attorney at Clark, Quinn, Moses, Scott & Grahn, LLP in Indianapolis. There, he worked in multiple practice areas. Sean drafted wills and trusts and helped guide clients through the probate process. He also provided general civil litigation services, including services for personal injury claims. Sean also provided transactional services to corporate entities and municipalities, including negotiating numerous land purchase contracts and construction loan agreements for senior housing care.
In 2017, Sean moved to Gillette, Wyoming and joined Berger & Brown. At the firm, Sean focuses on helping individuals through chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies, personal injury litigation, and general civil litigation.
Sean is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts in both Indiana and Wyoming.
- J.D.; Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, summa cum laude
- M.A. in Philosophy; Indiana University, summa cum laude
- Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Ethics; Indiana University, summa cum laude
- B.A. in Philosophy; Indiana University
- A.A. in Liberal Arts; Vincennes University, summa cum laude
- A.S. in Computer Networking and Programming, summa cum laude
- Indiana State Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Wyoming State Courts
- United States District Court for Wyoming.
- Indiana State Bar
- Diabetes Youth Foundation/Camp R.O.C.K.S. (Autism Camp)
- Indiana University, Adjunct Professor of Philosophy, 2006 – 2011
- Indiana University, Teaching and Research Assistant, 2006 – 2008
- Northwood Christian Church, Food Pantry Volunteer